Named Clothing, Valo Dress & Top Pattern
The Valo pattern includes two variations: a midi dress with an elastic waist and large patch pockets, and a relaxed-fit top with a gathered drawstring waist. Both variations have a distinctive heart-shaped yoke with a scoop neck to front and a V-neck to reverse. The dress hip seam is reinforced with a flat-felled seam, which gives it a lovely shape, and works as a subtle little detail. The dress features elegant half-sleeves whilst the top comes with perky short sleeves.
Sizes: EUR 32 – 56 (US 0 – 24 / UK 4 – 28)
Choose a non-stretch, medium weight fabric. You can opt for a low drape fabric, like the linen blend in our samples, or a more drapey one, depending on the desired result. We recommend choosing a contrast color for the yoke, or using the wrong side of your fabric for contrast or cutting it cross-grain, if your fabric allows.
Materials & supplies:
- Interfacing, 40 cm (½ yd)
- Dress: 4 cm (15/8”) ribbon for cord casing, 165 cm (2 yd)
- Dress: 3 cm (11/8”) elastic, your waist circumference
- Top: 2 cm (3/4) ribbon for cord casing, 165 cm (2 yd)
- Top: ribbon or cord for drawstring, your waist measurement + 70 cm (3/4 yd)
- Top: cord ends, 2 pcs